Return Policy and Limited Warranty
Return Policy and Limited Warranty
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we want you to enjoy your ride. If you would like to return your product for a refund, please review the Return Policy below to ensure all of the conditions are met. If you discover what you believe to be a product defect, please refer to the Limited Warranty below and follow its procedures.
Product purchased from Segway Inc. may only be returned by the original purchaser within 30 days from the date the product was ordered and must meet the following criteria:
- Unused and in the same condition you received it.
- In the original packaging.
To initiate a return, please contact us at email@example.com with your receipt or proof of purchase. Please do not send your product back without contacting us first.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
You will be responsible for prepaying all shipping costs and must assume any risk of loss or damage to the product while it is in transit to us. These shipping costs are non-refundable. Since the product contains lithium ion batteries, it must be shipped according to all applicable regulations. Please ensure you inform the carrier of the batteries prior to shipment. We recommend using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Once your returned product is received and inspected, we will notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If the return is approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment. A restocking fee of 15% will be deducted from your refund. If the return is rejected due to not meeting the terms of this policy, we will hold the product until you provide payment for shipment of the product back to you. We will only hold rejected returns for 30 days from the date we receive the product back from you.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty (Americas)
This is the manufacturer’s limited warranty (“Limited Warranty”) for the Segway Drift W1 (“Product”) for consumers in North and South America. This Limited Warranty describes the service available to you in the event your Product requires warranty service, and you may have additional protections under your local laws. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM COUNTRY TO COUNTRY AND STATE TO STATE.
This sheet and the original purchase receipt for the purchase of your Product are the documents defining the Limited Warranty. Please retain this document and the original purchase receipt to preserve your warranty service.
Service E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Telephone Toll Free: 1-866-473-4929
Visit www.segway.com for the latest contact information.
The Product is manufactured by Ninebot (Changzhou) Technology Co., Ltd. (“Ninebot”), and distributed by Segway Inc. located at 14 Technology Drive, Bedford, NH 03110 (“Segway”).
- Limited Warranty Period
This Limited Warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship of the Product arising or occurring as a result of your normal and ordinary use of the Product. In the event a defect covered by this Limited Warranty occurs, Segway will repair or replace your Product in accordance with the terms of this Limited Warranty. The applicable period for the Limited Warranty begins on the date of the original purchase of the Product from an authorized reseller, and applies to the Product in the following ways:
Vehicle Body - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -1 year
- Battery Assembly
- Power Button Board
- Motor Wheel Assembly
Other Components - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -180 days
- AC Line
Components Subject to Wear - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -90 days
- Glow Lights
- Handle Assembly
- All Mainframe Covers
- Foot Mat
- Rubber Bumper Assembly
Replacements and Repairs
The longer of: (i) the remainder of the original Limited Warranty for the Product; or (ii) 90 days from the consumer’s date of receipt of the replacement or repaired Product.
- Limited Warranty Service Process
Segway’s online help resources are available at: http://www.segway.com/support/service-warranties.
If you discover what you believe is a defect for your Product, please contact Segway at 1-866-473-4929 or at email@example.com. Segway’s technical support personnel are available to assist you in diagnosing and fixing any problems you may encounter in the use of your Product. In the event we cannot help you fix the problem, you may be entitled to warranty service under this Limited Warranty.
In order to submit your Product for warranty service pursuant to this Limited Warranty, you will be asked to provide Segway with (i) the proof of purchase from an authorized retailer; and (ii) the Product’s serial number. Upon verification of your eligibility, you will need to provide your name, email address, mailing address and contact telephone number in order to receive a return materials authorization (“RMA”) number. Segway must receive your defective Product within thirty (30) days from Segway’s issuance of an RMA to you. Segway may direct you to a designated third party for warranty repairs.
You will be responsible for the cost of shipping and insuring the shipment of your Product to Segway, and you assume the risk of loss in the event your Product is lost or damaged during shipment from you to Segway. You must include your defective Product within the original packaging or Segway approved packaging, which will be provided at a cost, for the shipment of the Product to Segway. Neither Ninebot nor Segway is responsible for any damages caused by your improper packaging or shipment of the Product to Segway.
An authorized service provider will conduct an inspection of your Product. If Segway determines that the problem is not covered under the Limited Warranty, Segway will notify you and inform you of service or replacement alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis, or Segway will return your Product to you unrepaired, and in such instance, you will be responsible for the cost of shipping and insuring the shipment of your Product from Segway to you.
For eligible warranty claims, Segway will service defective Product with new or reconditioned parts of same or similar style at no cost to you for the service. Parts replaced by Segway will be retained by, and become the property of Segway. For eligible warranty claims, Segway will pay reasonable return shipping charges for the return of the Product to you.
- Limited Warranty Eligibility
3.1. Your request for service must be received by Segway within the Limited Warranty Period as described above, and Segway must receive your Product in accordance with the Limited Warranty Service Process defined above.
3.2. Your Product must be purchased from an authorized reseller of the Product.
3.3. You must retain the original purchase receipt and your Limited Warranty, and provide this documentation to Segway to verify your warranty eligibility.
3.4. This Limited Warranty describes the service available to you in the event your Product requires warranty service.
3.5. Your Product must have the serial number clearly legible, unobscured, uneffaced and unmodified.
3.6. Your Product must have its tamper-resistant seals in place and unmodified.
- Limited Warranty Exclusions
This Limited Warranty describes the service available to you in the event your Product requires warranty service, and you may have additional protections under your local laws. This Limited Warranty does not cover and excludes damage to your Product:
4.1. Caused by abuse, misuse, neglect or commercial use.
4.2. Caused by improper charging, storage, or operation, including, without limitation, use contrary to the user materials, use exceeding specified weight and age limits, use on stairs, walls and curbs, or any extreme sport or exhibition use.
4.3. Caused by accident, collision, riding over obstacles, racing, fire, water submersion, high pressure water spray, freezing, earthquake, dropping, severe oxidation, or chemical solvent corrosion.
4.4. Caused by any repair that was unauthorized by Ninebot or Segway.
4.5. Caused from improper packaging or mishandling during shipment to the warranty-service provider.
4.6. That is cosmetic, including, scratches, dents and the removal of protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless such damage occurred due to a defect in materials.
4.7. Caused by the use of the Product with, or any modification to the Product using, any third party product, component or accessory that is not sold by Ninebot or Segway.
4.8. That does not arise from Ninebot’s product-design, technology, manufacturing or quality.
- Liability Disclaimer and Limitation
Neither Ninebot nor Segway assumes, or authorizes anyone to assume on its behalf, any other obligation or liability in connection with a Product, its component parts, accessories, service repair, or this Limited Warranty. Ninebot and Segway are not responsible for any loss of use of a Product, its component parts, accessories, or for any inconvenience or other loss or damage which might be caused from any defect in a Product, its component parts, accessories, service repair, or for any other incidental or consequential damages the purchaser may have as a result of any defect in a Product, its component parts, accessories, or service repair.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO PRODUCT AND ITS COMPONENT PARTS, ACCESSORIES, AND SERVICE REPAIR. NINEBOT, SEGWAY AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, OR MODIFICATION UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. ANY SUCH IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH MAY BE REQUIRED BY LAW AND ARE NOT DISCLAIMED HEREBY ARE LIMITED, TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, TO THE APPLICABLE PERIOD OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, OR TO THE APPLICABLE TIME PERIOD PROVIDED BY THE APPLICABLE COUNTRY/STATE LAW, WHICHEVER PERIOD IS SHORTER. SOME COUNTRIES/STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. SOME COUNTRIES/STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO SOME PURCHASERS.
NINEBOT’S AND SEGWAY’S TOTAL AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS, JOINT AND SEVERALLY, ARISING HEREUNDER AND ANY AND ALL APPLICABLE WARRANTIES AT LAW ARE LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT, AS DETERMINED IN NINEBOT’S OR SEGWAY’S DISCRETION, AND ALL INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED, UNLESS SUCH LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS ARE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME COUNTRIES/STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Claims and Dispute Resolution
SEGWAY AND YOU AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS OR DISPUTES ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR THE SALE, CONDITION OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTORY, FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND ALL CLAIMS THAT ARE SUBJECT OF A PURPORTED CLASS ACTION LITIGATION THAT YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF THE CERTIFIED CLASS, SHALL BE RESOLVED THROUGH ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED FOR HEREIN, OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT, AND NOT BY A TRIAL BY JURY. YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY, AND WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS ACTIONS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITH NINEBOT AND SEGWAY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY ARBITRATE CLAIMS AGAINST NINEBOT AND SEGWAY ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF, A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THIS AGREEMENT EVIDENCES A TRANSACTION IN INTERSTATE COMMERCE, AND THUS THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT GOVERNS THE INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEMENT OF THIS PROVISION. THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. NINEBOT REQUIRES THAT YOU ARBITRATE YOUR CLAIMS AGAINST NINEBOT PURSUANT TO THE ARBITRATION DESCRIBED BELOW PRIOR TO YOUR EXERCISE OF YOUR RIGHTS PURSUANT TO TITLE I OF THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT. TITLE I OF THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO PURSUE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU THAT ARE NOT PROVIDED BY TITLE I OF THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT.
Any such arbitration shall not be combined or consolidated with a claim or dispute involving any other person’s or entity’s product or claim or dispute, and specifically, without limitation of the foregoing, shall not under any circumstances proceed as part of a class action or class arbitration.
If you intend to seek arbitration, you must first send to Ninebot, by certified mail, a written notice of dispute at least thirty (30) days in advance of initiating the arbitration. The notice to Ninebot should be addressed to: Attention: Disputes, Segway Inc., 14 Technology Drive, Bedford, NH 03110. The notice must include: (i) a description of your claim and the basis of the dispute; and (ii) a description of the relief you are seeking. If Ninebot and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within thirty (30) days after Ninebot receives your notice, you or Ninebot may commence an arbitration proceeding. You are encouraged to seek redress directly from Ninebot, provided, however, Ninebot does not require you to seek your redress solely from Ninebot.
During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Ninebot or you will not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Ninebot is entitled to receive from the other party.
The arbitration shall be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) pursuant to its Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively “AAA Rules”). The AAA Rules are available online at adr.org, or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879. The Federal Arbitration Act governs this provision. Even after the termination of the Limited Warranty, the arbitrator shall decide all issues of interpretation and application of the Limited Warranty, and a court may determine the scope and enforceability of this arbitration provision. The arbitration shall be conducted before a single arbitrator, whose award may not exceed, in form or amount, the relief allowed by the applicable law.
Ninebot shall pay for your cost of the arbitration. For any arbitration in which your total damage claims, exclusive of attorney fees and expert witness fees, is $5,000.00 or less (“Small Claim”), the arbitrator may, if you prevail, award your reasonable attorney fees, expert witness fees and costs as part of any award, but may not grant its attorney fees, expert witness fees or costs unless it is determined that any of the claims was brought in bad faith. In a Small Claim case, you shall be required to pay no more than half of the total administrative, facility and arbitrator fees, or $50.00 of such fees, whichever is less, and Ninebot shall pay the remainder of such fees.
Administrative, facility and arbitrator fees for arbitrations in which your total damage claims, exclusive of attorney fees and expert witness fees, exceed $5,000.00 (“Large Claim”), shall be determined according to AAA Rules. In a Large Claim case, the arbitrator may grant to the prevailing party, or apportion among the parties, reasonable attorney fees, expert witness fees and costs. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim.
Judgment may be entered on the arbitrator’s award in a Small Claim or Large Claim case in any court of competent jurisdiction.
This arbitration provision also applies to claims and disputes by you, the purchaser of the product, and all those in privity with you, including your family members, beneficiaries and assigns, against Ninebot’s parent(s), subsidiaries and affiliates, and any person or entity that licensed, supplied, sold or distributed the product, and each of their officers, employees, representatives, licensors/licensees, agents, beneficiaries, predecessors in interest, successors, and/or assigns.
You may opt out of this dispute resolution procedure by providing notice to Ninebot no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the date of the first consumer purchaser’s purchase of the product. To opt out you must send notice by e-mail to Ninebot at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Arbitration Opt Out.” The opt out notice by e-mail must include (a) your name, email address, mailing address and phone number; (b) the date on which the product was purchased; (c) the product model name or model number; and (d) the Serial Number. Alternatively, you may opt out by calling 1-866-473-4929, prompt 2 no later than thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the first consumer purchaser’s purchase of the product and providing the same information. These are the only two forms of notice that will be effective to opt out of this dispute resolution procedure. Opting out of this dispute resolution procedure will not affect the coverage of the Limited Warranty in any way, and you will continue to enjoy the benefits of the Limited Warranty.
The following is a description of the arbitration process:
- Mail a Notice of Dispute to Ninebot. Prior to initiating arbitration against Ninebot, you must first notify Ninebot of your dispute. Please include your contact information, your concerns, and the relief you seek from Ninebot, and any information you believe would be helpful in the resolution of your dispute. Ninebot will review your Notice of Dispute to determine whether Ninebot can satisfy your concerns without the need for arbitration. The notice should be sent by certified mail to Attention: Disputes, Segway Inc., 14 Technology Drive, Bedford, NH 03110. Please keep a copy of your notice for your records.
- Wait 30 Days. Ninebot will review your Notice of Dispute within thirty (30) days of Ninebot’s receipt of your Notice of Dispute. If you do not hear from Ninebot within thirty (30) days of Ninebot’s receipt of your Notice of Dispute, you may proceed with filing an arbitration claim against Ninebot. Should Ninebot provide you a written settlement offer, please keep this settlement offer as Ninebot and you will be required to show this settlement offer to the arbitrator, although such offers cannot be shown to the arbitrator until after the determination of the merits of your claim.
- Complete a Demand for Arbitration. You can initiate arbitration by completing a Demand for Arbitration that includes a basic statement of the (i) names and addresses and telephone numbers of the parties involved); (ii) your description of the dispute; and (iii) your short statement detailing why you are entitled to relief.
- Send Ninebot Your Demand for Arbitration. You can send Ninebot your Demand for Arbitration at the following address: Attention: Disputes, Segway Inc., 14 Technology Drive, Bedford, NH 03110. Please keep a copy of your notice for your records.
- Send AAA Two (2) Copies of Your Demand for Arbitration. The Demand for Arbitration includes the address that you are to send two (2) copies of your Demand for Arbitration. This address is AAA Case Filing Services at 1101 Laurel Oak Road, Suite 100, Voorhees, NJ 08043. You should also include a copy of this warranty policy, and the appropriate filing fee. Ninebot will promptly reimburse you for this filing fee. If you cannot afford to pay the filing fee, please contact Ninebot, and Ninebot will pay the filing fee for you if your claims seek a remedy less than $75,000. AAA has an online filing option that you can find on its website: www.adr.org.
- AAA Appointment of Arbitrator. If no claim in the arbitration exceeds $75,000, the AAA will appoint an arbitrator and notify you and Ninebot of the arbitrator’s name and qualifications. The AAA requires all arbitrators to check for any past or present relationships with the parties, potential witnesses, and the parties’ attorneys. If the arbitrator has any such relationship, the AAA will inform Ninebot and you. If either you or Ninebot objects to the AAA’s choice of arbitrator, we’ll have seven (7) days to inform the AAA.
- Choose the Type of Hearing You Would Like. Unless you and Ninebot agree to have any arbitration hearings somewhere else, the arbitration will take place in the county (or parish) that you purchased the Product. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose to have the hearing conducted by telephone or in person. Alternatively, you may choose to proceed to conduct the entire arbitration through written correspondence with the arbitrator that doesn’t include an interactive hearing. Once the AAA has commenced the arbitration, you have ten (10) days to inform the AAA of your choice of hearing. If you don’t make a choice, the AAA will conduct the arbitration by written correspondence without an interactive hearing. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA rules. Those rules currently provide for an in-person hearing if your claim exceeds $10,000, but you and Ninebot may agree whether that hearing is in person or by telephone, or whether to instead proceed with written correspondence.
- Arbitrator’s Decision. Within fourteen (14) days from the conclusion of the in-person or telephone hearing, or from the submission of all written evidence to the arbitrator if you have elected to conduct the arbitration through written correspondence, the arbitrator will render a written decision. That decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based his or her award. Ninebot will immediately respond to the arbitrator notifying the arbitrator whether, and to what extent, Ninebot will abide by the decision, perform the obligations it has agreed to do. Any decision by the arbitrator may be utilized by any party for any reason.